In the fifth episode of PineTalk, Ezra and Peter discuss a few aspects of the latest Community Update, PineCube news, the component shortage and answer a few of your questions. BTW: Keep getting them in!
What have we been up to lately?
- Ezra recently finished working on the codebase of a project: It’s a fan game, written in C from the engine to the game.
- Peter has re-installed his laptop with pre-release Fedora 34 Workstation and have been enjoying GNOME 40 since. Also, the LINMOBapps Game list is maintained again, thanks to Moxvallix for taking it on!
- PINE64 March Update
- PinePhone Beta Edition
- PineBook Pro availability (only ANSI keyboards)
- Is it possible to switch keyboards later on? Yes: See e.g. this video.
- PineTime (something we are both yet to receive)
PineCube as a Web Cam
- Component shortage (requested by danct12 and thanosthetankengine in discord)
Peter talks about his ROCKPro64
- Anders asks whether the development of the PinePhone or any other Linux Phone will actually ever be finished, or like so many other open software things be stuck in an endless loop of development?
- Danny Medina asks about PineBook Pro upgradability:
Remember: This is a community podcast, so please leave feedback on what we should do better, get your suggestion’s in and feel free to ask questions! And get your “Community quote of the day” in!
Use #pinetalk or tweet at us @talkpine, toot at us @firstname.lastname@example.org, send email to email@example.com and join our Discord!
Thank you to NerdZoom Media for being our audio producers!