In the eighth episode of PineTalk, Ezra and Peter discuss news on the PinePhone keyboard accessory, InfiniTime 1.0, Plasma Mobile progress, Megapixels 1.0 and answer three community questions. They also share their minty-fresh first impressions of Pine-y wrist-wear.
The third and final community quote of the day is by Matt Burger @matthewburger “We’re definitely hitting the same high notes; we’re just not singing the same song.” Thank you Matt for sending it in!
What have we been up to lately?
Lukasz posted to the Forums about the upcoming PinePhone keyboard
Plasma Mobile reports progress
Megapixels 1.0.1: GTK4, accelerated view finder
First impressions with PineTime
- nd get your “Community quote of the day” in!InfiniTime, default OS on PineTime developed by JF
- Amazfish, originally a Sailfish OS app ported over to Kirigami that works with many smartwatches
- WASP-OS Installation Guide
- wasp-companion is a thing, but the flatpak does not build as a dependency can’t be resolved) and struggles with wasptool, that uses components that no longer come with bluez on Arch Linux. (There is, however, an Android companion app (wasp-os companion for Android that seems to be a Flutter app, so it might be possible to bring over to the PinePhone.)
- Casio style watch face for InfiniTime – Thanks Electr0lyte!
- Off Topic: Fluffychat 0.3.0 (a Matrix client) runs on the PinePhone now.
Community engagement 😀
- sleep dealer Hey @talkpine do any of the pinephone OS offerings have a voice keyboard or mycroft type assistant? #askpinetalk
- Mycroft GUI:
- Wikipedia: Speech recognition software for Linux
- @Epicanis Would a hypothetical new redesigned “pinetab2” with more easily-sourced parts be more feasible than chasing unavailable parts for the current pinetab?
- eshep asked via email about NixOS on the PinePhone
Remember: This is a community podcast, so please leave feedback on what we should do better, get your suggestion’s in and feel free to ask questions!
BTW, what do you think about a “App of the Episode” segment?
Use #pinetalk or tweet at us @talkpine, toot at us @firstname.lastname@example.org, send email to email@example.com and join our Discord!
Thank you to NerdZoom Media for being our audio producers!