PineTab: The Open Source ARM 64-bit Tablet
The PINETAB is similar in both form, function and underlying ARM64 architecture to the original 11.6″ PINEBOOK. It is powered by the same Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit Processor used in our popular PINE A64 Single Board Computer. The optional keyboard and trackpad – which doubles-up as a screen cover – effectively converts the PineTab into a petite on-the-go laptop with a touch screen functionality. It runs numerous mainline Linux distributions as well as *BSDs and Android.
As a new open source platform, the PineTab development is an ongoing process and represents a great opportunity to get involved with computing on a different level, to customise and personalise the portable computer experience, to understand what is going on beneath the surface.
- Allwinner A64 Quad Core SOC with Mali 400 MP2 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 10″ MiPi 720p Capacitive LCD
- Bootable Micro SD Slot
- 64GB of eMMC
- microHDMI port for external HD output
- USB 2.0 A host
- Micro USB 2.0 OTG
- 2Mpx front-facing camera
- 5Mpx rear camera
- Optional M.2 slot
- Speakers and Microphone
- Volume rocker and ‘home’ button
- Magnetically attached keyboard (optional)
- 6000mAh battery
- 3.5″ Barrel Power (5V 3A) Port
- Multiple expansion boards for LTE, LoRa and SATA SSD
This item is not yet available for purchase from the PINE64 store.