In this eleventh episode Ezra and Peter discuss the June Community Update and interview content creator Linux Lounge! They also discuss (your) community feedback and questions!
What have we been up to lately?
- is releasing a game!
- It’s nearly done! It should be released June 22nd if no serious issues arise. Otherwise, shortly after.
- The game is, of course, open source. So, you can make fun of my horrifying code.
- It’s a mysterious adventure filled with a handful of minigames, a short story and minimal moon logic.
- It’s called “Televoid: Out of The Loop” and is a fangame for a show I enjoy: Televoid, an online series staring Ian MacLeod on his YouTube Channel. To show our appreciation of this amazing series, some fans and I got together to make this game.
- It’s pretty much consumed my life these past few weeks…
- After the released, I might have some fun and see if I can’t port it to the pinephone, for the giggles. otherwise…
- I’ve also been back on the video making train!
App of the Episode
Interview with Linux Lounge
Make sure to follow Linux Lounge on the following platforms:
BTW: There’s a project that tries to recreate the Windows Phone Live Tile experience on the PinePhone:Retiled
PINE64: June Community Update sub-titled “new hardware and more on the way”
PinePhone: Keyboard accessory news
Community engagement 😀
Frater Michal” @MonsDraconis asked on Twitter:
Any information on kde/gs connect for pinephone distributions?
Question to the both of you @talkpine.
What is a project you want to see on the pinephone that can be realistically done by a beginner programmer who’s looking to get their hands dirty and expand their skillset? Be it practical, cool or just plain fun, throw us some ideas!
- We crowdsourced this question on Discord, Twitter and (most successfully) Fosstodon, and came up with the following (thanks again!)
Also, if this is not enough, you might want to have a look at the Mobian App Wishlist.
Feedback and Questions welcome!
Remember: This is a community podcast, so please leave feedback on what we should do better, get your suggestion’s in and feel free to ask questions!
Use #askpinetalk or tweet at us @talkpine, toot at us @firstname.lastname@example.org, send email to email@example.com and join our Discord!
Or just add something to the dedicated PineTalk Feedback and Questions forum thread!
Intro and Outro Music
Music by Bradley (PixelPaintbrush) Ames
Thank you to NerdZoom Media for being PineTalk’s audio producers!